May 20, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
Lewis, who’s coming back from elbow surgery last July, allowed two runs in 2.1 innings at Double-A. He struck out three, walked zero, and gave up four hits while throwing 47 total pitches.
In terms of building up arm strength Lewis is seemingly still at least 2-3 starts away from potentially rejoining the Rangers’ rotation and Jeff Wilson of the Forth Worth Star Telegram reports that he was throwing 85-86 miles per hour today.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 16
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)