May 20, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
Lewis, who’s coming back from elbow surgery last July, allowed two runs in 2.1 innings at Double-A. He struck out three, walked zero, and gave up four hits while throwing 47 total pitches.
In terms of building up arm strength Lewis is seemingly still at least 2-3 starts away from potentially rejoining the Rangers’ rotation and Jeff Wilson of the Forth Worth Star Telegram reports that he was throwing 85-86 miles per hour today.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (114)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)