May 20, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
Lewis, who’s coming back from elbow surgery last July, allowed two runs in 2.1 innings at Double-A. He struck out three, walked zero, and gave up four hits while throwing 47 total pitches.
In terms of building up arm strength Lewis is seemingly still at least 2-3 starts away from potentially rejoining the Rangers’ rotation and Jeff Wilson of the Forth Worth Star Telegram reports that he was throwing 85-86 miles per hour today.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 7
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)