May 20, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
Earlier this month the Diamondbacks traded Mark Teahen to the Reds as minor-league depth, but the deal was canceled due to questions about his health.
Today the Diamondbacks released Teahen, who hasn’t played since April 30 and, according to Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors, asked to be let go from the Triple-A team.
Teahen played in the majors from from 2005-2011, usually as a starting third baseman or right fielder, but the 31-year-old has been in the minors since last season and his performance there has been terrible.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)