May 20, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Earlier this month the Diamondbacks traded Mark Teahen to the Reds as minor-league depth, but the deal was canceled due to questions about his health.
Today the Diamondbacks released Teahen, who hasn’t played since April 30 and, according to Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors, asked to be let go from the Triple-A team.
Teahen played in the majors from from 2005-2011, usually as a starting third baseman or right fielder, but the 31-year-old has been in the minors since last season and his performance there has been terrible.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)