May 20, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
Earlier this month the Diamondbacks traded Mark Teahen to the Reds as minor-league depth, but the deal was canceled due to questions about his health.
Today the Diamondbacks released Teahen, who hasn’t played since April 30 and, according to Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors, asked to be let go from the Triple-A team.
Teahen played in the majors from from 2005-2011, usually as a starting third baseman or right fielder, but the 31-year-old has been in the minors since last season and his performance there has been terrible.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)