May 20, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
John Danks made his fourth minor-league rehab start over the weekend and Scott Merkin of MLB.com reports that the White Sox left-hander could come off the disabled list to make his season debut Friday.
It’s worth noting, however, that Danks hasn’t actually pitched all that well in the minors. He lasted just 4.2 innings in his most recent start, allowing three runs while walking four, and overall in three Triple-A starts he has a 14/12 K/BB ratio in 15.2 innings.
It’s been one year and one day since Danks’ last start for the White Sox and about 10 months since he underwent shoulder surgery.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (96)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)