May 20, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
John Danks made his fourth minor-league rehab start over the weekend and Scott Merkin of MLB.com reports that the White Sox left-hander could come off the disabled list to make his season debut Friday.
It’s worth noting, however, that Danks hasn’t actually pitched all that well in the minors. He lasted just 4.2 innings in his most recent start, allowing three runs while walking four, and overall in three Triple-A starts he has a 14/12 K/BB ratio in 15.2 innings.
It’s been one year and one day since Danks’ last start for the White Sox and about 10 months since he underwent shoulder surgery.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 0
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 15
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 26
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 23
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)