May 20, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
John Danks made his fourth minor-league rehab start over the weekend and Scott Merkin of MLB.com reports that the White Sox left-hander could come off the disabled list to make his season debut Friday.
It’s worth noting, however, that Danks hasn’t actually pitched all that well in the minors. He lasted just 4.2 innings in his most recent start, allowing three runs while walking four, and overall in three Triple-A starts he has a 14/12 K/BB ratio in 15.2 innings.
It’s been one year and one day since Danks’ last start for the White Sox and about 10 months since he underwent shoulder surgery.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 133
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23