May 20, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Mark Teixeira initially said he’d be back by May 1 and then adjusted that to June 1 and now … who knows. But the Yankees first baseman did take a big step in his recovery from a wrist injury by playing in his first extended spring training game today.
Stats for those games aren’t really official or anything, but according to Teixeira he went 1-for-2 with a double and a walk.
June 1 seems awfully optimistic, like most of Teixeira’s updates throughout this whole thing, but some time in early June could be doable if he avoids setbacks.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 26
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 43
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)