May 20, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Philadelphia has finally placed Mike Adams on the disabled list after the reliever remained on the active roster despite being unavailable with a back injury since May 12.
Because he hasn’t pitched for more than a week and the DL stint is backdated Adams is eligible to return Sunday. In the meantime Humberto Quintero replaces him on the roster, providing some catching depth with Carlos Ruiz sidelined by a hamstring injury.
Adams has dealt with a bunch of injuries of late, but signed a two-year, $12 million deal with the Phillies this offseason and posted a 3.00 ERA with a 19/6 K/BB ratio in 15 innings before being shut down.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)