May 20, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Philadelphia has finally placed Mike Adams on the disabled list after the reliever remained on the active roster despite being unavailable with a back injury since May 12.
Because he hasn’t pitched for more than a week and the DL stint is backdated Adams is eligible to return Sunday. In the meantime Humberto Quintero replaces him on the roster, providing some catching depth with Carlos Ruiz sidelined by a hamstring injury.
Adams has dealt with a bunch of injuries of late, but signed a two-year, $12 million deal with the Phillies this offseason and posted a 3.00 ERA with a 19/6 K/BB ratio in 15 innings before being shut down.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 0
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 31
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 53
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (99)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)