May 20, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
Philadelphia has finally placed Mike Adams on the disabled list after the reliever remained on the active roster despite being unavailable with a back injury since May 12.
Because he hasn’t pitched for more than a week and the DL stint is backdated Adams is eligible to return Sunday. In the meantime Humberto Quintero replaces him on the roster, providing some catching depth with Carlos Ruiz sidelined by a hamstring injury.
Adams has dealt with a bunch of injuries of late, but signed a two-year, $12 million deal with the Phillies this offseason and posted a 3.00 ERA with a 19/6 K/BB ratio in 15 innings before being shut down.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 20
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 143
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23