May 20, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Proctor, now 36, hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2011 with the Braves and Yankees. After spending last season with the Doosan Bears of the Korean Baseball Organization, he had an 8.59 ERA and 6/10 K/BB ratio over 7 1/3 innings this season with the Orioles’ Triple-A affiliate.
Proctor compiled a 3.38 ERA in 166 relief appearances between 2006-2007 before he began to break down physically, but he told Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle in March that his decline had more to do with his alcoholism than being overworked by Joe Torre during his time with the Yankees and Dodgers.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 20
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 8
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 44
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)