May 21, 2013, 9:20 PM EST
Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com has the news:
Chris Sale has been scratched from Wednesday’s start with mild tendinitis in his left posterior shoulder, the team announced Tuesday.
A team official said Sale is expected to make his next start on Tuesday against the Chicago Cubs.
Hector Santiago will take the mound in his place. Sale has posted a fantastic 2.53 ERA and 0.92 WHIP in nine outings this season, fanning 61 batters and allowing only 15 walks in 64 innings. Any kind of shoulder trouble is concerning, but the White Sox don’t seem to think this will wind up being a big deal.
The White Sox have a scheduled team off day this Thursday, so they don’t have to add a new starter as long as Sale misses just one turn. The 24-year-old left-hander carries AL Cy Young Award potential.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)