May 21, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
This is a short article in the Pioneer Press, but two nuggets from it:
- Justin Morneau is pretty ambivalent about autographs because he knows most of the people trying to get them are memorabilia guys who are going to turn around and sell it; and
- His autographs are very legible because Harmon Killebrew told him he needed to write his name clearly when he signs.
To sum up: Harmon Killebrew > baseball memorabilia guys. As if you expected anything else.
That aside, I’m totally with Morneau here. Every time I see an autograph scrum I see a handful of kids who legitimately want an autograph from a player they root for and admire and a bunch of seedy-looking dudes with bad sunglasses and gross mustaches, carrying briefcases full of cards and pictures which you know they’re going to sell later. Just kinda sad.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 12
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)