May 21, 2013, 11:12 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi reports that the Orioles will call up top pitching prospect Kevin Gausman to start Thursday in their series opener versus the Blue Jays.
Orioles executive vice president Dan Duquette told MLB.com just one week ago that the 22-year-old right-hander was “doing fine at Double-A” and not close to a promotion, but the O’s have lost seven of their last nine games and are desperate to get back into the hunt in the American League East.
Gausman ranked 26th on Baseball America‘s listing of the Top 100 prospects this past offseason and is sporting a 3.11 ERA, 1.06 WHIP and 49/5 K/BB ratio in 46 1/3 innings this year at Double-A Bowie.
Gausman was the fourth overall pick in the 2012 June MLB Amateur Draft out of LSU and signed with the Orioles in July for a bonus of $4.32 million. If he pitches well, he will presumably be up for good.
Sep 2, 2015, 8:05 PM EDT
Arizona has a scheduled team off day Thursday, so Goldschmidt is only going to miss a game or two.
Sep 2, 2015, 7:22 PM EDT
Pujols is now just one of four players in the history of Major League Baseball to reach the 35-homer plateau in 10 of his first 15 major league seasons.
Sep 2, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
Cabrera signed a minor league deal with San Francisco in mid-July after getting released by the Orioles.
Sep 2, 2015, 5:43 PM EDT
He said the job he did was “masterful.” You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Sep 2, 2015, 5:07 PM EDT
Left-hander Tyler Lyons will start in Wacha’s place against the Nationals.
Sep 2, 2015, 4:31 PM EDT
Franco has had a fantastic rookie season.
Sep 2, 2015, 3:05 PM EDT
“He’s our closer . . . Rooooosebuuuuuudddd”
Sep 2, 2015, 2:13 PM EDT
64/4 K/BB ratio in 60 innings.
Sep 2, 2015, 12:43 PM EDT
And, I would guess, it wont be such serious business here after a few years either.
Sep 2, 2015, 11:31 AM EDT
Of course their biggest problem is not going anyplace, as he owns the team.
Sep 2, 2015, 10:54 AM EDT
Miguel Sano statistical porn.
Sep 2, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
A picture of A-Rod from yesterday — not this one — seems to be the tiebreaker here.
Sep 2, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Getting healthy for October is the focus.
Sep 2, 2015, 9:51 AM EDT
He caught Kevin Quackenbush napping. Almost literally napping.
Sep 2, 2015, 9:37 AM EDT
A great catch and an extra innings walkoff homer.
Sep 2, 2015, 8:07 AM EDT
Its like watching a car crash. No, wait: a tricycle accident.
Sep 2, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
Was this a . . . statement game?
Sep 1, 2015, 11:34 PM EDT
Would it endanger or enlighten Berrios’ career to give him a few starts in a postseason race?
Sep 1, 2015, 10:49 PM EDT
It was Cal Ripken Jr. Night on Tuesday at Baltimore’s Camden Yards, with the Orioles celebrating the 20th anniversary of Ripken taking over Lou Gehrig’s record for consecutive games played …
Sep 1, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
Stanton has been on the disabled list since June 27 because of a broken hamate bone in his right hand.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 29
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 78
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week (80)