May 21, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
I guess whether this is truly “must-click” depends on how you roll. But if you like to look at once-young, once-handsome athletes in swimsuits, towels and, in a couple of cases, nothing but strategically-posed thighs — or if you’re not necessarily into that but are secure enough in your masculinity to appreciate how hilarious such pics truly are — you wanna go read Michael Clair’s guest post at Baseball Prospectus:
Perhaps lost amidst the frenzy of cocaine, the advent of the CD player, and the soulful tunes of After the Fire, during the early 1980s Playgirl magazine convinced a number of baseball stars to pose seductively within their pages.
Michael has it all: Steve McCatty unasahmed of his budding love handles. George Brett, seductively posing beneath a palm frond. Disco Dan Ford in a sauna. Jerry Remy in a swimsuit. Phil Garner in short-shorts. Rickey Henderson in short-short-short shorts. Steve Stone as naked as the day he was born.
You might say you don’t want to click. But you do. C’mon. You do. We won’t think anything less of you. Open your mind to Jerry Remy’s sexiness. C’mon, OPEN IT.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17