May 21, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
I guess whether this is truly “must-click” depends on how you roll. But if you like to look at once-young, once-handsome athletes in swimsuits, towels and, in a couple of cases, nothing but strategically-posed thighs — or if you’re not necessarily into that but are secure enough in your masculinity to appreciate how hilarious such pics truly are — you wanna go read Michael Clair’s guest post at Baseball Prospectus:
Perhaps lost amidst the frenzy of cocaine, the advent of the CD player, and the soulful tunes of After the Fire, during the early 1980s Playgirl magazine convinced a number of baseball stars to pose seductively within their pages.
Michael has it all: Steve McCatty unasahmed of his budding love handles. George Brett, seductively posing beneath a palm frond. Disco Dan Ford in a sauna. Jerry Remy in a swimsuit. Phil Garner in short-shorts. Rickey Henderson in short-short-short shorts. Steve Stone as naked as the day he was born.
You might say you don’t want to click. But you do. C’mon. You do. We won’t think anything less of you. Open your mind to Jerry Remy’s sexiness. C’mon, OPEN IT.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 24
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)