May 21, 2013, 6:25 PM EDT
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports that the Rangers have scratched Nick Tepesch from his scheduled Wednesday start against the A’s due to a blister on his right middle finger. Ross Wolf will be called up from Triple-A Round Rock to pitch in his place.
Tepesch developed the blister Friday evening on the only slider he threw during his solid five-inning outing against the Tigers. He is hoping that it will be fully healed by his next turn in the Rangers’ starting rotation — Sunday, May 26 against the Mariners.
Tepesch, 24, has posted a decent 3.98 ERA, 1.33 WHIP and 31/13 K/BB ratio over 43 innings this season for Texas. Wolf, 30, has a 2.02 ERA, 1.09 WHIP and 26/9 K/BB ratio in 35 2/3 innings this year on the farm.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 42
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 46
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 50
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)