May 21, 2013, 6:25 PM EDT
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports that the Rangers have scratched Nick Tepesch from his scheduled Wednesday start against the A’s due to a blister on his right middle finger. Ross Wolf will be called up from Triple-A Round Rock to pitch in his place.
Tepesch developed the blister Friday evening on the only slider he threw during his solid five-inning outing against the Tigers. He is hoping that it will be fully healed by his next turn in the Rangers’ starting rotation — Sunday, May 26 against the Mariners.
Tepesch, 24, has posted a decent 3.98 ERA, 1.33 WHIP and 31/13 K/BB ratio over 43 innings this season for Texas. Wolf, 30, has a 2.02 ERA, 1.09 WHIP and 26/9 K/BB ratio in 35 2/3 innings this year on the farm.
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 0
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 40
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 49
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 29
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)