May 21, 2013, 6:25 PM EST
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports that the Rangers have scratched Nick Tepesch from his scheduled Wednesday start against the A’s due to a blister on his right middle finger. Ross Wolf will be called up from Triple-A Round Rock to pitch in his place.
Tepesch developed the blister Friday evening on the only slider he threw during his solid five-inning outing against the Tigers. He is hoping that it will be fully healed by his next turn in the Rangers’ starting rotation — Sunday, May 26 against the Mariners.
Tepesch, 24, has posted a decent 3.98 ERA, 1.33 WHIP and 31/13 K/BB ratio over 43 innings this season for Texas. Wolf, 30, has a 2.02 ERA, 1.09 WHIP and 26/9 K/BB ratio in 35 2/3 innings this year on the farm.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (82)