Wanna buy Stan Musial’s house?

May 21, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT

The late Stan-the-Man’s house is on the market. Built in 1962 and, not surprisingly given the age of its owner when he passed, it rather looks it.

source:

But like Joe Morgan’s dated home (a) the bones are good and if you just redid the place it’d be fine; ad (b) it’d be kinda cool to own the house that an all-time great once called home.

The full listing is here. Asking price: $1.795 million.

1. Old Gator - May 21, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Why not have some foundation buy it and set up a Stan Musial / St. Louis baseball history museum?

• jm91rs - May 21, 2013 at 2:51 PM

They’d sell out tickets to that museum every day. Best fans in baseball I hear.

• fanofevilempire - May 22, 2013 at 6:45 AM

you must be deaf, Yankees baby, just win!

• abaird2012 - May 22, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Raiders fans?

• digbysellers - May 21, 2013 at 2:53 PM

However big the place is, it wouldn’t be big enough for a Musial museum…that dude was the balls.

• heyblueyoustink - May 21, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Might be a perfectly good and reasonable idea, if the logistics as far as what kind of neighborhood it’s in ( neighbors, no neighbors, no good hipster neighbors ) would allow for it.

2. umrguy42 - May 21, 2013 at 3:15 PM

That they’re selling it reminds me he’s gone, and makes me a little sadder on the day.

Although, I can balance it with the fact that I just found a replacement last week for my Pujols “jersey” tshirt with a Musial one.

3. FrustratedDolFan - May 21, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Craig you appear to be the resident Real Estate Agent for HBT…keep up the good work and we will contact you when we see something of interest.

4. jm91rs - May 21, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Chris Sabo almost bought a house down the street from me back in the early 90s. I’ll get the details for you next time it goes into foreclosure.

5. bobwsc - May 21, 2013 at 4:33 PM

the tile in the foyer appear to be moving

• stlouis1baseball - May 21, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Dude…based upon your post the Mushrooms you just bought were NOT Morels.
      Lemme guess…a little gritty tasting. Possibly like it was barely washed off?

6. APBA Guy - May 21, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Craig, you know I love these posts. But that rose carpeting in the living room is certainly “of a time”. Anyway, please keep showing us ball player houses for sale.

• umrguy42 - May 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I looked at the outside, and went “it doesn’t look so bad!”. Then I saw the tiles, and I thought, “well, I’d change the flooring, but not so bad.” THEN I got the rest, and other than the kitchen went, “wow, yeah, that’s dated” :D

• abaird2012 - May 22, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Well, I like it. I’m partial to black and white tile. Wallpaper’s gotta go, though.

7. drone501 - May 21, 2013 at 10:59 PM

geez the place looks like a funeral home near me.

8. Loan City Home Loans - May 22, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I would rather appreciate this old house for what it is and curiously wait to see how much it is sold for. -Curiousmortgage broker

Teams searching for trade deadline impact
  1. H. Street (3929)