May 22, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Hanley Ramirez tested his hamstring injury by doing some running yesterday, but Dodgers manager Don Mattingly told Ken Gurnick of MLB.com that he’s still at least two weeks away from returning to game action.
That fits the initial 4-6 week timetable Ramirez was given for the injury back in on May 7.
Dee Gordon has been the Dodgers’ everyday shortstop with Ramirez out, but he’s hitting just .167 in 16 games (although the good news is that he’s cut down on his error count after struggling defensively last season).
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 1
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 51
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (265)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)