May 22, 2013, 5:32 PM EST
Jered Weaver threw 5.2 innings of one-run ball in an extended spring training game today, potentially setting him up to come off the disabled list and rejoin the Angels’ rotation next week.
Kevin Baxter of the Los Angeles Times reports that Weaver threw 75 pitches, 62 for strikes, and struck out nine versus zero walks.
Weaver fractured his left (non-throwing) elbow on April 7 and was initially given a 4-6 week recovery timetable.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 138
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23