May 22, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
UPDATE: Las Vegas police issued the following statement:
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department is currently investigating a Sexual Assault case. Jose Conseco [sic] has been named as the suspect in this investigation. At this time no charges have been filed and our investigation remains ongoing. Per department policy neither victim information or investigation details are available for release.
I ceased being amused by Jose Canseco’s (and Jose Canseco’s publicist’s) Twitter feed a long time ago, but his tweets this afternoon went beyond the usual stupidity into something potentially far more serious.
Thanks to Michael Rand of the Minneapolis Star Tribune for taking a screen shot of the tweets before Canseco deleted them (the alleged accuser’s name has been redacted). Even after deleting those three posts Canseco continued to tweet more about the subject, including the woman’s name and phone number.
If nothing else, can we stop pretending that Canseco is amusing or funny now, please?
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 0
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 48
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 3
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 74
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 33
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (170)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (100)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)