May 22, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
UPDATE: Las Vegas police issued the following statement:
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department is currently investigating a Sexual Assault case. Jose Conseco [sic] has been named as the suspect in this investigation. At this time no charges have been filed and our investigation remains ongoing. Per department policy neither victim information or investigation details are available for release.
I ceased being amused by Jose Canseco’s (and Jose Canseco’s publicist’s) Twitter feed a long time ago, but his tweets this afternoon went beyond the usual stupidity into something potentially far more serious.
Thanks to Michael Rand of the Minneapolis Star Tribune for taking a screen shot of the tweets before Canseco deleted them (the alleged accuser’s name has been redacted). Even after deleting those three posts Canseco continued to tweet more about the subject, including the woman’s name and phone number.
If nothing else, can we stop pretending that Canseco is amusing or funny now, please?
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 20
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)