May 22, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
UPDATE: Las Vegas police issued the following statement:
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department is currently investigating a Sexual Assault case. Jose Conseco [sic] has been named as the suspect in this investigation. At this time no charges have been filed and our investigation remains ongoing. Per department policy neither victim information or investigation details are available for release.
I ceased being amused by Jose Canseco’s (and Jose Canseco’s publicist’s) Twitter feed a long time ago, but his tweets this afternoon went beyond the usual stupidity into something potentially far more serious.
Thanks to Michael Rand of the Minneapolis Star Tribune for taking a screen shot of the tweets before Canseco deleted them (the alleged accuser’s name has been redacted). Even after deleting those three posts Canseco continued to tweet more about the subject, including the woman’s name and phone number.
If nothing else, can we stop pretending that Canseco is amusing or funny now, please?
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 9
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 60
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 58
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 8
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)