May 22, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Kyle Lohse has been scratched from his next scheduled start with what the Brewers are calling elbow irritation. Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that Mike Fiers will fill in for Lohse against the Pirates on Saturday.
Lohse has an ugly 1-5 record since signing a three-year, $33 million deal with the Brewers late in spring training, but he’s actually pitched reasonably well with a 3.76 ERA and 37/10 K/BB ratio in 55 innings.
However, most of that good pitching was done in April and the 34-year-old right-hander allowed four runs Sunday for the third time in four starts.
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 186
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (190)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)