May 22, 2013, 8:27 PM EST
Indians first baseman Nick Swisher was placed on the paternity leave list Tuesday following the birth of his daughter. After getting a few days to spend with his family’s newest addition, he will return to the Tribe’s starting lineup on Friday night in Boston.
Swisher, 32, is batting .274/.382/.493 with six home runs and 16 RBI in 40 games this season with the Indians. He hit .272/.364/.473 with 24 home runs and 93 RBI in 148 games last season for the Yankees.
Swisher signed a four-year, $56 million free agent contract with Cleveland this past winter.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27