May 22, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Trevor Plouffe had an awful tenth inning in last night’s Twins-Braves game. First he reached base by taking a 97 m.p.h. Craig Kimbrel fastball to the ribs. Then he tried to break up a double play and took a knee to the head, leaving him on the ground for a good while. Looked nasty.
Plouffe has been diagnosed with a concussion and has been placed on the seven-day DL. Here’s hoping that’s all the time he needs.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (183)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)