May 22, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Worley got knocked around for eight runs in 3.2 innings against the Braves today, falling to 1-5 with a 7.21 ERA overall this season. And now the 25-year-old right-hander is headed back to Triple-A, where he last pitched in 2011, and Minnesota makes another change to what has been an absolutely brutal rotation for two years running.
Worley, who was acquired along with prospect Trevor May from the Phillies for Ben Revere this offseason, posted a 3.50 ERA in 278 innings for Philadelphia.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (228)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)