May 22, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Worley got knocked around for eight runs in 3.2 innings against the Braves today, falling to 1-5 with a 7.21 ERA overall this season. And now the 25-year-old right-hander is headed back to Triple-A, where he last pitched in 2011, and Minnesota makes another change to what has been an absolutely brutal rotation for two years running.
Worley, who was acquired along with prospect Trevor May from the Phillies for Ben Revere this offseason, posted a 3.50 ERA in 278 innings for Philadelphia.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)