May 22, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
Superman has kryptonite. Matt Harvey has Zack Cozart. Despite being a nearly unhittable pitcher this year, the Reds’ Cozart got four hits off Harvey today en route to a 4 for 5, two-double performance. Overall Harvey had his worst outing of the season, allowing four runs on nine hits in six and a third. One of those runs was an inherited run which Scott Rice allowed in on a fielder’s choice, but still.
The Mets were still in it, down only 4-2 when Harvey left and tied it at four in the bottom of the seventh, but things unravelled in the ninth as Bobby Parnell allowed in three. The game ended 7-4.
Neat day for Cozart. Ugly day for the Mets. Lots of ugly days for the Mets recently.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)