May 23, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Francisco Liriano was terrible for the Twins and White Sox last season and then lost out on a ton of guaranteed money with the Pirates when he broke his right arm trying to prank his kids on Christmas morning.
That all led to a whole lot of jokes at his expense and caused Liriano to miss the first month of the season, but now he’s healthy and looking extremely good.
Liriano shut out the Cubs for seven innings last night and is now 3-0 with a 1.00 ERA and 25/6 K/BB ratio in 18 innings for the Pirates.
He hasn’t faced any strong lineups yet through three starts, but it’s hard to argue with 25 strikeouts in 18 innings and as usual if Liriano shows any semblance of decent control he has the raw stuff to dominate.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 54
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 65
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)