Giancarlo Stanton takes batting practice

May 23, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT

Giancarlo Stanton AP AP

Good news, Miami! Pretty soon all of those Marlins shutout losses are going to turn into losses in which the Marlins score one on Giancarlo Stanton home runs:

On Wednesday, slugger Giancarlo Stanton took live batting practice at Marlins Park for the first time since straining his right hamstring on April 30.

Redmond tossed the BP session and said Stanton was swinging the bat well.

No word on how depressed Stanton is that he’ll soon have to be playing baseball with the Marlins again.

1. DelawarePhilliesFan - May 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I guess he needed to get some BP before his new team left town…..

• Old Gator - May 23, 2013 at 11:00 AM

A Feelie fan’s recurrent wet dream, but you’re gonna wake up stuck to the sheets on this one.

The Feelies have nothing to offer for Stanton in the first place. Scrooge McLoria isn’t going to trade him for someone making a lot of money, so that leaves out the pitchers, and the Feelie farm looks like one of those grainy black and white documentaries about the dust bowl I used to watch Walter Cronkite narrate when I was a kid.

Moreover, I doubt if even Scrooge McLoria would trade him within the division.

• DelawarePhilliesFan - May 23, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I’m just having fun (though I know you know that), but Scrooge McLoria cares not about trading in the division. He would be fine seeing three 100 game winners in the NL East if there was an extra action in it for him.

Yesterday was the 15th anniversary of Mike Piazza ending his long and storied tenure with the Marlins. Different owner, I know. Just sayin’.

• Old Gator - May 23, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Ackcherley, you have a point about Scrooge – he did trade Dan Uggla to the Braves, even considering Uggla’s profitable upside as a portable wind generator.

I will always get a lump in my throat when recalling the Piazza era here in Macondo. But as long as I insist on sucking on walnuts, I’ve got no one to blame but myself.

2. frenchysplatediscipline - May 23, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I hope he enjoys BP and his rehab assignments.

Something tells me that (barring a trade) he will see more pitches to hit in the next 2 weeks then he will the rest of the season…

Orioles turn AL East on its head