May 23, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Danks had a terrible 15/13 K/BB ratio in 22.2 innings while rehabbing from August shoulder surgery and failed to make it out of the fifth inning in his final start at Triple-A. The good news is that he’ll be facing the punchless Marlins, so it might even be a little easier than a Triple-A lineup.
It’s been more than a year since Danks last pitched for the White Sox, as he was shut down in mid-May of last season after posting a 5.70 ERA in nine starts.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17