May 23, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
Rafael Perez, who was released by the Twins earlier this week, has agreed to a minor-league contract with the Red Sox.
Not so long ago Perez was an underrated left-handed setup man for the Indians, posting a 3.64 ERA in 329 career innings, but he missed nearly all of last season with a shoulder injury that required surgery and the Twins weren’t impressed with how he looked in four appearances at Triple-A.
He’ll head to Pawtucket and try to convince the Red Sox he can be useful in a middle relief role at some point.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)