May 23, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: Angels reliever Ryan Madson was finally making some progress in his rehab from last season’s elbow surgery, but he’s suffered yet another setback.
Madson felt soreness in his elbow after a one-inning rehab appearance at Single-A last week and hasn’t pitched since. As you’d expect Madson sounds pretty frustrated, telling William Boor of MLB.com: “I can’t believe it’s taken this long.”
Madson hasn’t pitched in a big-league game since the 2011 playoffs for the Phillies and obviously when/if he does join the Angels’ bullpen at some point it’ll be as a setup man to closer Ernesto Frieri.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)