May 23, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: Angels reliever Ryan Madson was finally making some progress in his rehab from last season’s elbow surgery, but he’s suffered yet another setback.
Madson felt soreness in his elbow after a one-inning rehab appearance at Single-A last week and hasn’t pitched since. As you’d expect Madson sounds pretty frustrated, telling William Boor of MLB.com: “I can’t believe it’s taken this long.”
Madson hasn’t pitched in a big-league game since the 2011 playoffs for the Phillies and obviously when/if he does join the Angels’ bullpen at some point it’ll be as a setup man to closer Ernesto Frieri.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)