May 23, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Last month Amanda Rykoff noted that the Yankees’ “craft beer” section at Yankee Stadium was anything but. They’re continuing to have problems with basic beer identification, however, as now Patrick Wall of DNAInfoNY spied Goose Island listed as an “import.” Which, no, it’s not. It’s a Chicago beer. Wait, no it’s not. It’s actually brewed in New Hampshire. Beer is so confusing!
Or maybe the Yankees are just making a clever comment about the fact that Goose Island, once an independent brewery, is now owned by InBev, which is a Belgian company. But I don’t think that’s what’s really going on here. I think whoever runs Yankee Stadium’s beer concession just thinks non-Bud/non-Miller is an “import.” Which maybe worked on Applebee’s menus a decade ago, but even non-fancy, non-beer-snobby people and places typically get this right now.
What a shame. There is so much good beer to be had at ballparks these days yet the home of the marquee team in baseball is living in the beery dark ages.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 21
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 120
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (130)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (122)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)