May 23, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Last month Amanda Rykoff noted that the Yankees’ “craft beer” section at Yankee Stadium was anything but. They’re continuing to have problems with basic beer identification, however, as now Patrick Wall of DNAInfoNY spied Goose Island listed as an “import.” Which, no, it’s not. It’s a Chicago beer. Wait, no it’s not. It’s actually brewed in New Hampshire. Beer is so confusing!
Or maybe the Yankees are just making a clever comment about the fact that Goose Island, once an independent brewery, is now owned by InBev, which is a Belgian company. But I don’t think that’s what’s really going on here. I think whoever runs Yankee Stadium’s beer concession just thinks non-Bud/non-Miller is an “import.” Which maybe worked on Applebee’s menus a decade ago, but even non-fancy, non-beer-snobby people and places typically get this right now.
What a shame. There is so much good beer to be had at ballparks these days yet the home of the marquee team in baseball is living in the beery dark ages.
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 8
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 12
- The Lester trade is a win-win 100
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 158
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 91
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (158)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (121)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)