May 23, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
Last month Amanda Rykoff noted that the Yankees’ “craft beer” section at Yankee Stadium was anything but. They’re continuing to have problems with basic beer identification, however, as now Patrick Wall of DNAInfoNY spied Goose Island listed as an “import.” Which, no, it’s not. It’s a Chicago beer. Wait, no it’s not. It’s actually brewed in New Hampshire. Beer is so confusing!
Or maybe the Yankees are just making a clever comment about the fact that Goose Island, once an independent brewery, is now owned by InBev, which is a Belgian company. But I don’t think that’s what’s really going on here. I think whoever runs Yankee Stadium’s beer concession just thinks non-Bud/non-Miller is an “import.” Which maybe worked on Applebee’s menus a decade ago, but even non-fancy, non-beer-snobby people and places typically get this right now.
What a shame. There is so much good beer to be had at ballparks these days yet the home of the marquee team in baseball is living in the beery dark ages.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)