May 24, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Since that series against the Braves, specifically. The one in which he said he wasn’t impressed by them. Guess he meant it, because one of the Braves pitchers broke his friggin’ wrist and he apparently didn’t take notice of it:
— Amanda Comak (@acomak) May 24, 2013
He has bone chips, apparently, and the team is not going to DL him. He will get some time off, however.
It has clearly affected him. He missed a few days after that April 14th game, but since coming back on April 20 he has hit .158/.181/.267. Or maybe that’s just the messed up shoulder he has been knowingly playing with all year. Guy is a mess, yet he’s still played in 39 of the Nats’ 47 games.
No, Kirk Gibson and Kevin Towers. You can’t have him, no matter how much you beg.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)