May 24, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Since that series against the Braves, specifically. The one in which he said he wasn’t impressed by them. Guess he meant it, because one of the Braves pitchers broke his friggin’ wrist and he apparently didn’t take notice of it:
— Amanda Comak (@acomak) May 24, 2013
He has bone chips, apparently, and the team is not going to DL him. He will get some time off, however.
It has clearly affected him. He missed a few days after that April 14th game, but since coming back on April 20 he has hit .158/.181/.267. Or maybe that’s just the messed up shoulder he has been knowingly playing with all year. Guy is a mess, yet he’s still played in 39 of the Nats’ 47 games.
No, Kirk Gibson and Kevin Towers. You can’t have him, no matter how much you beg.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 37
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)