May 24, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Since that series against the Braves, specifically. The one in which he said he wasn’t impressed by them. Guess he meant it, because one of the Braves pitchers broke his friggin’ wrist and he apparently didn’t take notice of it:
— Amanda Comak (@acomak) May 24, 2013
He has bone chips, apparently, and the team is not going to DL him. He will get some time off, however.
It has clearly affected him. He missed a few days after that April 14th game, but since coming back on April 20 he has hit .158/.181/.267. Or maybe that’s just the messed up shoulder he has been knowingly playing with all year. Guy is a mess, yet he’s still played in 39 of the Nats’ 47 games.
No, Kirk Gibson and Kevin Towers. You can’t have him, no matter how much you beg.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 36
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 74
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)