May 24, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
David Ross, who’s missed the past two weeks with post-concussion symptoms, has been cleared to return to the Red Sox and will be active for tonight’s game. That means Ryan Lavarnway is headed back to Triple-A after filling in for Ross as Jarrod Saltalamacchia‘s backup.
Ross played in one minor-league rehab game at Double-A yesterday, going 1-for-3 with a double and two strikeouts, and most important he’s finally ceased experiencing symptoms from the concussion.
Lavarnway got into just three games, whereas before the concussion Ross started 14 of 37 games in place of Saltalamacchia.
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 11
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29