May 24, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Barry Bloom of MLB.com has a fun, wide-ranging interview with Don Sutton. Lots of good stuff in there as Sutton is never short of opinions. But this is easily my favorite part:
MLB.com: Did you cheat?
Sutton: No, I never got caught cheating.
Bloom did not, sadly, follow up on that. Maybe his mind was blown by how slick an answer it was.
Not that we really need him to follow up. In 1978 he was ejected and suspended 10 days for defacing the ball, but he threatened to sue the National League and they backed off for some reason. He was also caught on video late in his career with what looked like sandpaper taped to the palm of his hand. Like I said, he was slick.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)