May 24, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
Barry Bloom of MLB.com has a fun, wide-ranging interview with Don Sutton. Lots of good stuff in there as Sutton is never short of opinions. But this is easily my favorite part:
MLB.com: Did you cheat?
Sutton: No, I never got caught cheating.
Bloom did not, sadly, follow up on that. Maybe his mind was blown by how slick an answer it was.
Not that we really need him to follow up. In 1978 he was ejected and suspended 10 days for defacing the ball, but he threatened to sue the National League and they backed off for some reason. He was also caught on video late in his career with what looked like sandpaper taped to the palm of his hand. Like I said, he was slick.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)