May 24, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Pirates starter Jeff Karstens felt pain in his right shoulder during his throwing program today. As a result, the Pirates have shut him down, per the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Travis Sawchik. Karstens has not thrown a pitch this season due to the shoulder injury, but was expected to return in early June.
Karstens finished 2012 with a 3.97 ERA, but continues to find ways to miss time. Since 2010, he has missed 88 games and counting due to his right shoulder.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 39
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 25
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 77
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)