May 24, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Pirates starter Jeff Karstens felt pain in his right shoulder during his throwing program today. As a result, the Pirates have shut him down, per the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Travis Sawchik. Karstens has not thrown a pitch this season due to the shoulder injury, but was expected to return in early June.
Karstens finished 2012 with a 3.97 ERA, but continues to find ways to miss time. Since 2010, he has missed 88 games and counting due to his right shoulder.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 11
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)