May 24, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
Angels starter Jered Weaver has been on the shelf since suffering a fractured left elbow in his second start of the season against the Rangers on April 7. After tossing a light bullpen session earlier today, Weaver feels good, according to manager Mike Scioscia. He’ll have one more bullpen over the weekend before the Angels make an activation decision.
Weaver finished third in AL Cy Young balloting last season, posting a 2.81 ERA in 188.2 innings along with a league-low 1.018 WHIP.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 20
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 15
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 34
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 109
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)