May 24, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
Angels starter Jered Weaver has been on the shelf since suffering a fractured left elbow in his second start of the season against the Rangers on April 7. After tossing a light bullpen session earlier today, Weaver feels good, according to manager Mike Scioscia. He’ll have one more bullpen over the weekend before the Angels make an activation decision.
Weaver finished third in AL Cy Young balloting last season, posting a 2.81 ERA in 188.2 innings along with a league-low 1.018 WHIP.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 32
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 9
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)