May 24, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
I was a big fan of Drew Sheppard’s Gif of Yu Darvish throwing five different pitches. As were some folks in Japan, who inexplicably made that post the most-read thing in the history of HardballTalk. By a wide margin.
But I think I’m more impressed by Drew putting six Miguel Cabrera home runs into one Gif:*
You simply can’t pitch this guy anywhere right now. He will hit just about anything out of the park. Including six pitches that were all basically out of the strike zone.
*I had originally embeded the Cabrera Gif in this post, not realizing that Fangraphs had a post of it themselves. Figured it was just floating around on Twitter like a lot of other Gifs. Regardless, Apologies to Drew and FG.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)