May 24, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
I was a big fan of Drew Sheppard’s Gif of Yu Darvish throwing five different pitches. As were some folks in Japan, who inexplicably made that post the most-read thing in the history of HardballTalk. By a wide margin.
But I think I’m more impressed by Drew putting six Miguel Cabrera home runs into one Gif:*
You simply can’t pitch this guy anywhere right now. He will hit just about anything out of the park. Including six pitches that were all basically out of the strike zone.
*I had originally embeded the Cabrera Gif in this post, not realizing that Fangraphs had a post of it themselves. Figured it was just floating around on Twitter like a lot of other Gifs. Regardless, Apologies to Drew and FG.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 17
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 19
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 30
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)