May 24, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
For the second time this season Reds left-hander Sean Marshall is headed to the disabled list with shoulder problems.
Last month it was tendinitis and now it’s being called a sprained shoulder, so it seems likely that Marshall will be out of action for more than the minimum 15 days.
In between the injuries he threw seven innings out of the bullpen with a 2.57 ERA and 7/2 K/BB ratio. To replace Marshall the Reds activated left-hander Manny Parra, who’d been on the DL with a pectoral injury of his own.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 52
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 21
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29