May 24, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
For the second time this season Reds left-hander Sean Marshall is headed to the disabled list with shoulder problems.
Last month it was tendinitis and now it’s being called a sprained shoulder, so it seems likely that Marshall will be out of action for more than the minimum 15 days.
In between the injuries he threw seven innings out of the bullpen with a 2.57 ERA and 7/2 K/BB ratio. To replace Marshall the Reds activated left-hander Manny Parra, who’d been on the DL with a pectoral injury of his own.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)