May 24, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
The Rockies have activated Michael Cuddyer from the 15-day disabled list, tweets Troy Renck. The outfielder had been sidelined due to an inflamed cervical disc, halting a fantastic start to the year. The 34-year-old carried a .319/.383/.580 line through May 8, his last appearance. It should be noted his numbers are much better at Coors Field (1.157 OPS) than on the road (.785).
Meanwhile, reliever Rafael Betancourt will throw a bullpen to determine his availability for tonight’s game against the Giants, according to Renck. He had left Tuesday’s game with a groin injury and there was thought that he would wind up on the disabled list, but he appears to be avoiding that option. Additionally, lefty Jeff Francis — also dealing with a groin injury — threw a 25-pitch bullpen and will head to extended spring training before being reevaluated by the team. Francis had a 6.00 ERA in 36 innings before succumbing to the injury, and will have to hope a rotation spot opens up if and when he is ready.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)