May 24, 2013, 10:20 PM EST
The Rockies have activated Michael Cuddyer from the 15-day disabled list, tweets Troy Renck. The outfielder had been sidelined due to an inflamed cervical disc, halting a fantastic start to the year. The 34-year-old carried a .319/.383/.580 line through May 8, his last appearance. It should be noted his numbers are much better at Coors Field (1.157 OPS) than on the road (.785).
Meanwhile, reliever Rafael Betancourt will throw a bullpen to determine his availability for tonight’s game against the Giants, according to Renck. He had left Tuesday’s game with a groin injury and there was thought that he would wind up on the disabled list, but he appears to be avoiding that option. Additionally, lefty Jeff Francis — also dealing with a groin injury — threw a 25-pitch bullpen and will head to extended spring training before being reevaluated by the team. Francis had a 6.00 ERA in 36 innings before succumbing to the injury, and will have to hope a rotation spot opens up if and when he is ready.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)