May 24, 2013, 1:16 PM EDT
That’s the official word from the Nationals and as Amanda Comak of the Washington Times notes the good news is that the reliever won’t need surgery.
Mattheus was off to a slow start this year, but after posting a sub-3.00 ERA in both 2011 and 2012 he’s been an underrated part of the bullpen who the Nationals likely won’t have back until the second half.
That locker now has a month or so to do whatever the hell it likes with no fear, though.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 5
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 8
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 7
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)