May 25, 2013, 2:33 AM EDT
It wasn’t a very good night for first-base umpires Friday. Angel Hernandez cost the White Sox a win over the Marlins in the 10th, though they did come back and prevail in the 11th anyway.
MLB.com has the video and, more importantly, also has the audio as Hawk Harrelson reacts to the call. Alex Rios was ruled out on an inning-ending double play that should have been a fielder’s choice with the winning run scoring from third. Fortunately, the White Sox scored for real an inning later when Jeff Keppinger singled in pinch-runner Tyler Greene.
White Sox manager Robin Ventura responded afterwards, shrugging off the call:
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11