May 25, 2013, 2:33 AM EST
It wasn’t a very good night for first-base umpires Friday. Angel Hernandez cost the White Sox a win over the Marlins in the 10th, though they did come back and prevail in the 11th anyway.
MLB.com has the video and, more importantly, also has the audio as Hawk Harrelson reacts to the call. Alex Rios was ruled out on an inning-ending double play that should have been a fielder’s choice with the winning run scoring from third. Fortunately, the White Sox scored for real an inning later when Jeff Keppinger singled in pinch-runner Tyler Greene.
White Sox manager Robin Ventura responded afterwards, shrugging off the call:
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)