May 25, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
The Mets had stormed back late last night against the Braves to tie the game 5-5 after eight innings just before crew chief Dale Scott decided to halt the game, to be resumed later. At 6:10 PM ET tonight, the game was unpaused and the Braves quickly retook the lead on a Dan Uggla RBI single in the tenth inning. B.J. Upton added an insurance run on a squeeze bunt to put the Braves ahead 7-5. Craig Kimbrel had a shaky tenth inning, putting runners on first and second with no outs, but a Ruben Tejada bunt pop-up and a Justin Turner double-play ended the threat quickly as the right-hander notched his 15th save of the season.
The victory marks the seventh in a row for the red-hot Braves, their second streak of at least seven wins. They won ten games in a row between April 5-16, when they started out 12-1.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)