May 25, 2013, 12:09 PM EST
According to Jane Lee of MLB.com, Reddick took 20 swings during batting practice yesterday at Minute Maid Park in Houston and said he “felt great.” It was his first time testing his wrist since he was placed on the disabled list earlier this month with a sprained right wrist stemming from a collision with a wall in foul territory in April.
Assuming all goes well during batting practice Saturday, Reddick will play in rehab games with High-A Stockton on Monday and Tuesday. The 26-year-old outfielder hopes to rejoin the Athletics before the end of next week.
The wrist issue seemed to do a number on Reddick’s production, as he was batting just .152 with one homer and a .516 OPS prior to being placed on the disabled list. The A’s are hoping that the extended rest will help get him back on track.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)