May 26, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Red Sox starter Clay Buchholz will not start tomorrow evening for the start of a two-game home-and-home against the Phillies, reports Evan Drellich on Twitter. Buchholz is suffering from an injury in the “collar bone area”, but manager John Farrell called the move precautionary and mentioned that Buchholz could simply start later in the week.
Nick Cafardo reports that Alfredo Aceves will start in Buchholz’s place tomorrow. Aceves was recently recalled from Triple-A Pawtucket after a very rough start to the 2013 season. The right-hander carried an 8.66 ERA through April 23 prior to his demotion. In his first appearance back in the Majors, he tossed a scoreless inning of relief against the Indians.
Buchholz is having a great season thus far, sitting with a 7-0 record and a league best 1.73 ERA in 72 innings.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)