May 26, 2013, 6:05 PM EST
Red Sox starter Clay Buchholz will not start tomorrow evening for the start of a two-game home-and-home against the Phillies, reports Evan Drellich on Twitter. Buchholz is suffering from an injury in the “collar bone area”, but manager John Farrell called the move precautionary and mentioned that Buchholz could simply start later in the week.
Nick Cafardo reports that Alfredo Aceves will start in Buchholz’s place tomorrow. Aceves was recently recalled from Triple-A Pawtucket after a very rough start to the 2013 season. The right-hander carried an 8.66 ERA through April 23 prior to his demotion. In his first appearance back in the Majors, he tossed a scoreless inning of relief against the Indians.
Buchholz is having a great season thus far, sitting with a 7-0 record and a league best 1.73 ERA in 72 innings.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 289
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (289)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)