May 26, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Red Sox starter Clay Buchholz will not start tomorrow evening for the start of a two-game home-and-home against the Phillies, reports Evan Drellich on Twitter. Buchholz is suffering from an injury in the “collar bone area”, but manager John Farrell called the move precautionary and mentioned that Buchholz could simply start later in the week.
Nick Cafardo reports that Alfredo Aceves will start in Buchholz’s place tomorrow. Aceves was recently recalled from Triple-A Pawtucket after a very rough start to the 2013 season. The right-hander carried an 8.66 ERA through April 23 prior to his demotion. In his first appearance back in the Majors, he tossed a scoreless inning of relief against the Indians.
Buchholz is having a great season thus far, sitting with a 7-0 record and a league best 1.73 ERA in 72 innings.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)