May 26, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Red Sox starter Clay Buchholz will not start tomorrow evening for the start of a two-game home-and-home against the Phillies, reports Evan Drellich on Twitter. Buchholz is suffering from an injury in the “collar bone area”, but manager John Farrell called the move precautionary and mentioned that Buchholz could simply start later in the week.
Nick Cafardo reports that Alfredo Aceves will start in Buchholz’s place tomorrow. Aceves was recently recalled from Triple-A Pawtucket after a very rough start to the 2013 season. The right-hander carried an 8.66 ERA through April 23 prior to his demotion. In his first appearance back in the Majors, he tossed a scoreless inning of relief against the Indians.
Buchholz is having a great season thus far, sitting with a 7-0 record and a league best 1.73 ERA in 72 innings.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 25
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 25
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 33
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (120)