May 26, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
Cleaning dishes is the worst. The absolute worst. Case in point …
#Dbacks RHP Kennedy suffered laceration on inside of right index finger. Doing dishes, Gibson told us.
— Jack Magruder (@JackMagruder) May 26, 2013
Kennedy has been scratched from his scheduled start in the first half of Monday’s day-night doubleheader against the Rangers. Tyler Skaggs will be called up from Triple-A Reno to fill in for him.
Kennedy is hoping to take his next turn Friday afternoon versus the Cubs. The 28-year-old right-hander has registered a 4.70 ERA and 1.32 WHIP in 10 starts this season, striking out 50 batters in 61 1/3 innings.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 29
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 85
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)