May 26, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
Cleaning dishes is the worst. The absolute worst. Case in point …
#Dbacks RHP Kennedy suffered laceration on inside of right index finger. Doing dishes, Gibson told us.
— Jack Magruder (@JackMagruder) May 26, 2013
Kennedy has been scratched from his scheduled start in the first half of Monday’s day-night doubleheader against the Rangers. Tyler Skaggs will be called up from Triple-A Reno to fill in for him.
Kennedy is hoping to take his next turn Friday afternoon versus the Cubs. The 28-year-old right-hander has registered a 4.70 ERA and 1.32 WHIP in 10 starts this season, striking out 50 batters in 61 1/3 innings.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 5
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 19
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)