May 26, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
Cleaning dishes is the worst. The absolute worst. Case in point …
#Dbacks RHP Kennedy suffered laceration on inside of right index finger. Doing dishes, Gibson told us.
— Jack Magruder (@JackMagruder) May 26, 2013
Kennedy has been scratched from his scheduled start in the first half of Monday’s day-night doubleheader against the Rangers. Tyler Skaggs will be called up from Triple-A Reno to fill in for him.
Kennedy is hoping to take his next turn Friday afternoon versus the Cubs. The 28-year-old right-hander has registered a 4.70 ERA and 1.32 WHIP in 10 starts this season, striking out 50 batters in 61 1/3 innings.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)