May 26, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
Cleaning dishes is the worst. The absolute worst. Case in point …
#Dbacks RHP Kennedy suffered laceration on inside of right index finger. Doing dishes, Gibson told us.
— Jack Magruder (@JackMagruder) May 26, 2013
Kennedy has been scratched from his scheduled start in the first half of Monday’s day-night doubleheader against the Rangers. Tyler Skaggs will be called up from Triple-A Reno to fill in for him.
Kennedy is hoping to take his next turn Friday afternoon versus the Cubs. The 28-year-old right-hander has registered a 4.70 ERA and 1.32 WHIP in 10 starts this season, striking out 50 batters in 61 1/3 innings.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 41
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 37
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)