May 26, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
Cleaning dishes is the worst. The absolute worst. Case in point …
#Dbacks RHP Kennedy suffered laceration on inside of right index finger. Doing dishes, Gibson told us.
— Jack Magruder (@JackMagruder) May 26, 2013
Kennedy has been scratched from his scheduled start in the first half of Monday’s day-night doubleheader against the Rangers. Tyler Skaggs will be called up from Triple-A Reno to fill in for him.
Kennedy is hoping to take his next turn Friday afternoon versus the Cubs. The 28-year-old right-hander has registered a 4.70 ERA and 1.32 WHIP in 10 starts this season, striking out 50 batters in 61 1/3 innings.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 69
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)