May 26, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
The Blue Jays trailed the Orioles 5-2 entering the bottom of the ninth inning in today’s series finale against the Orioles, but they were able to put together a rally against closer Jim Johnson. Following an RBI single by J.P. Arencibia and an RBI ground out by Mark DeRosa, Munenori Kawasaki hit a two-out, two-run, walk-off RBI double to center field to left-center.
Kawasaki has already made a name for himself as one of the more exuberant personalities in baseball, but took it even further with one of the best post-game interviews you’ll see.
The Jays’ shortstop has not hit much this year, carrying a .627 OPS into today’s game, but he has played strong defense in the absence of Jose Reyes.
- Greetings from All-Star week in Minneapolis 6
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Joey Gallo earns Futures Game MVP honors after leading Team USA to victory 6
- Major League Baseball needs to shift the All-Star week schedule 49
- Braves suspend Dan Uggla one game for being extremely tardy on Saturday in Chicago 39
- Cliff Lee on track to return to Phillies’ rotation July 21 5
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 22
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (192)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)
- Woman knocked unconscious during fight between A’s and Giants fans outside AT&T Park (84)