May 26, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
The Blue Jays trailed the Orioles 5-2 entering the bottom of the ninth inning in today’s series finale against the Orioles, but they were able to put together a rally against closer Jim Johnson. Following an RBI single by J.P. Arencibia and an RBI ground out by Mark DeRosa, Munenori Kawasaki hit a two-out, two-run, walk-off RBI double to center field to left-center.
Kawasaki has already made a name for himself as one of the more exuberant personalities in baseball, but took it even further with one of the best post-game interviews you’ll see.
The Jays’ shortstop has not hit much this year, carrying a .627 OPS into today’s game, but he has played strong defense in the absence of Jose Reyes.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 211
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (211)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)