May 26, 2013, 6:45 PM EST
The Blue Jays trailed the Orioles 5-2 entering the bottom of the ninth inning in today’s series finale against the Orioles, but they were able to put together a rally against closer Jim Johnson. Following an RBI single by J.P. Arencibia and an RBI ground out by Mark DeRosa, Munenori Kawasaki hit a two-out, two-run, walk-off RBI double to center field to left-center.
Kawasaki has already made a name for himself as one of the more exuberant personalities in baseball, but took it even further with one of the best post-game interviews you’ll see.
The Jays’ shortstop has not hit much this year, carrying a .627 OPS into today’s game, but he has played strong defense in the absence of Jose Reyes.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 1
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 14
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (73)