May 27, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
After aggravating a knee injury sliding and noticeably limping throughout yesterday’s game Bryce Harper is out of the Nationals’ lineup today. He’s also expected to sit tomorrow.
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that an MRI exam revealed no structural damage and Harper has been diagnosed with bursitis in his left knee.
According to Zuckerman if he feels better within the next 48 hours Harper could rejoin the lineup at designated hitter during an interleague series against the Orioles beginning Wednesday, allowing him to hit without having to play the outfield.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 13
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)