May 27, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
After aggravating a knee injury sliding and noticeably limping throughout yesterday’s game Bryce Harper is out of the Nationals’ lineup today. He’s also expected to sit tomorrow.
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that an MRI exam revealed no structural damage and Harper has been diagnosed with bursitis in his left knee.
According to Zuckerman if he feels better within the next 48 hours Harper could rejoin the lineup at designated hitter during an interleague series against the Orioles beginning Wednesday, allowing him to hit without having to play the outfield.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)