May 27, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
After aggravating a knee injury sliding and noticeably limping throughout yesterday’s game Bryce Harper is out of the Nationals’ lineup today. He’s also expected to sit tomorrow.
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that an MRI exam revealed no structural damage and Harper has been diagnosed with bursitis in his left knee.
According to Zuckerman if he feels better within the next 48 hours Harper could rejoin the lineup at designated hitter during an interleague series against the Orioles beginning Wednesday, allowing him to hit without having to play the outfield.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 18
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)