May 27, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
After aggravating a knee injury sliding and noticeably limping throughout yesterday’s game Bryce Harper is out of the Nationals’ lineup today. He’s also expected to sit tomorrow.
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that an MRI exam revealed no structural damage and Harper has been diagnosed with bursitis in his left knee.
According to Zuckerman if he feels better within the next 48 hours Harper could rejoin the lineup at designated hitter during an interleague series against the Orioles beginning Wednesday, allowing him to hit without having to play the outfield.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)