May 27, 2013, 11:49 AM EST
Among other things, Garza said that Cueto should “grow the hell up” and added that “if he has something to say about it, he knows where to find my locker and definitely I’ll find his.”
Reds manager Dusty Baker responded to Garza’s comments today, telling Mark Sheldon of MLB.com:
You got something to say, you go over there and tell him. Johnny ain’t running. Know what I mean? A guy can say what he wants to say, but it’s better if you go over and say it to his face.
I just wish, just put them in a room, let them box and let it be over with, know what I mean? I always said this. Let it be like hockey. Let them fight, somebody hits the ground and then it’ll be over with. I’m serious about that. I come from a different school. Guys didn’t talk as much. You just did it.
So, just to recap: Cueto threw a pitch that sailed over DeJesus’ head. Garza called out Cueto in the media. And then Baker suggested the two pitchers go into a room alone and fight until “somebody hits the ground.”
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15