May 27, 2013, 11:49 AM EST
Among other things, Garza said that Cueto should “grow the hell up” and added that “if he has something to say about it, he knows where to find my locker and definitely I’ll find his.”
Reds manager Dusty Baker responded to Garza’s comments today, telling Mark Sheldon of MLB.com:
You got something to say, you go over there and tell him. Johnny ain’t running. Know what I mean? A guy can say what he wants to say, but it’s better if you go over and say it to his face.
I just wish, just put them in a room, let them box and let it be over with, know what I mean? I always said this. Let it be like hockey. Let them fight, somebody hits the ground and then it’ll be over with. I’m serious about that. I come from a different school. Guys didn’t talk as much. You just did it.
So, just to recap: Cueto threw a pitch that sailed over DeJesus’ head. Garza called out Cueto in the media. And then Baker suggested the two pitchers go into a room alone and fight until “somebody hits the ground.”
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)