May 27, 2013, 11:49 AM EDT
Among other things, Garza said that Cueto should “grow the hell up” and added that “if he has something to say about it, he knows where to find my locker and definitely I’ll find his.”
Reds manager Dusty Baker responded to Garza’s comments today, telling Mark Sheldon of MLB.com:
You got something to say, you go over there and tell him. Johnny ain’t running. Know what I mean? A guy can say what he wants to say, but it’s better if you go over and say it to his face.
I just wish, just put them in a room, let them box and let it be over with, know what I mean? I always said this. Let it be like hockey. Let them fight, somebody hits the ground and then it’ll be over with. I’m serious about that. I come from a different school. Guys didn’t talk as much. You just did it.
So, just to recap: Cueto threw a pitch that sailed over DeJesus’ head. Garza called out Cueto in the media. And then Baker suggested the two pitchers go into a room alone and fight until “somebody hits the ground.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)