Dusty Baker wishes Johnny Cueto and Matt Garza could fight

May 27, 2013, 11:49 AM EDT

Dusty Baker Reuters

Matt Garza had a whole bunch of bad stuff to say about Johnny Cueto after the Reds right-hander threw a pitch that sailed above Cubs center fielder David DeJesus‘ head yesterday.

Among other things, Garza said that Cueto should “grow the hell up” and added that “if he has something to say about it, he knows where to find my locker and definitely I’ll find his.”

Reds manager Dusty Baker responded to Garza’s comments today, telling Mark Sheldon of MLB.com:

You got something to say, you go over there and tell him. Johnny ain’t running. Know what I mean? A guy can say what he wants to say, but it’s better if you go over and say it to his face.

I just wish, just put them in a room, let them box and let it be over with, know what I mean? I always said this. Let it be like hockey. Let them fight, somebody hits the ground and then it’ll be over with. I’m serious about that. I come from a different school. Guys didn’t talk as much. You just did it.

So, just to recap: Cueto threw a pitch that sailed over DeJesus’ head. Garza called out Cueto in the media. And then Baker suggested the two pitchers go into a room alone and fight until “somebody hits the ground.”

137 Comments (Feed for Comments)
  1. xmatt0926x - May 27, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I think I’m going to go have a beer and scratch my ass and do other manly things…

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Be sure to smack your wife around, kick your dog, and clean your guns.

2. sleepyirv - May 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I don’t know what the Cubs did to Dusty as a child, but he really should let it go. I would have preferred he let it go while as Cubs manager, but you can’t have everything.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM

That’s why they’ll always be the Cubs.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Which is fine, but it’s sad to see a proud old franchise like the Reds embracing that kind of lowlife trailer trash machismo. Maybe they should rename themselves The Over-the-Rhine Reds in celebration of the neighborhood whose collective gutter mentality Baker seems to want the team to embrace.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Wow Gator. What made you so crusty & cranky? That lowlife trailer trash machismo was normal baseball up until the late 90s. It was until contracts went crazy did fights become an issue. “Over-The-Rhine-Reds”, heh,….me thinks you are scared of the Reds. Might you be a Cards fan because after all, you learned a few years back who’s taking over the Central. Tell LaRue I hope his head is ok.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Nope, not a Cards fan at all – if you spent any time here you’d know who I root for. Or, at any rate, who I try to root for.

Now whether behaving like backalley juvenile swine was de riguer in baseball or not, it neither served the game nor its fans well. Just a waste of testosterone. And if you were a fan of the worst team in baseball and baseball-related diversions, with the certifiably worst, cheapest, biggest liar of an owner in nearly all of professional sports (I don’t follow hockey, soccer or baby fur seal hunting and so cannot pronounce with any authority that there aren’t worse owners thereabouts) you’d be cranky too. We can only be so grateful that the Feesh don’t have enough at stake to be drawn into a brawl in the first place; if they tummel as badly as they play baseball, they’d all wind up in the emergency room at the whining layer of the triage system.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I guess East St. Louis means nothing to you.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM

It means Indian mounds and a marked inability to recover from hundred and twenty year old tornadoes. Aside from that, not much. Should it?

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 2:27 PM

You don’t think baseball fights are fun or the makings of memories? This is why I have only read here over the years instead of posting. It lowers my baseball IQ when I stoop low enough to post. I’m 45 & I still remember Ray Knight & Eric Davis squaring it away at third base. I remember when the Cards had sad in their vaginas because Brandon called them what they are, little bitches. And I remember Pete punching Bud in the face in the Mets playoff game in the early 70s. That was baseball my friend. I’m guessing you cried in little league when you got hit by a 34 mph pitch and then lost. Again.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Given how low your baseball IQ must have been in the first place, what with the damage you must have sustained here today, condescending obsessively, over and over, to to mingle with those of us who think that common thuggery or junior high school playground behavior are not the best things that millions of years of human evolution have to offer, you probably shouldn’t be taxing your few remaining synapses to speculate about much of anything.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 3:02 PM

To be fair OG, both of my parents & I myself graduated from the University Of Florida. Hopefully if you did it was well in the early 60s before UF became what it is today.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Oh yeah, I’ve also coached 2 State High School Champions but go on…..

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 3:12 PM

The kickboxing teams, you mean? Nyuknyuknyuk….

• cur68 - May 27, 2013 at 10:55 PM

The irony here is that I know who Gator is in real life and he wins this little “I’m SO educated” pissing contest with one kidney tied behind his back. Knows more baseball, too.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Sad response. It’s no wonder I just read here. The Banana phone is more interesting than this place.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I dunno. I count more than ten posts here and in the prior Garza contra Cueto thread already. That must be one hell of a Banana phone – Byzantine, with Greek script inlaid into the cloisonne in gold threads?

3. trollingforjustice - May 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Someone should put Dusty Baker on the ground. it would be funny though, two guys fresh from the DL trying to get back on it by doing “old school” things

4. kylewo - May 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM

If you corner Cueto he will scream, and kick wildly with his cleats (because he “fears for his life, or back being broken”). I would love to see that again.

• thomas844 - May 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM

First of all he was never screaming and second of all I’d like to see how you react if you are towards the bottom of a pile of 50 men fighting and shoving each other.

• kylewo - May 27, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Only one kicking. Lot’s of people against the wall there. Kicking people in the back. Kicking a guy in the face repeatedly.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Thomas – so would I. So would Cueto, because the myth of him being “under a pile” (he was never “under a pile” of anything – watch the video of his descent into thuggery and check out the space he has around him – except maybe the pile of his own horseshit and that of his witless apologists). As for the other 49 – we’ll use your number for argument’s sake – one was lying unconscious at the little scumbag’s feet having his head kicked in, and the others, even the ones who were actually in the pile – were declining to resort to Cueto’s special brand of psychotic barbarity. So why not ask the rest of them what they’d do? My guess is few if any would reply “find some helpless victim who couldn’t fight back and kick his head in.”

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 1:59 PM

OG. You really aren’t this stupid right?

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 2:02 PM

As you can see in the pic I took. Cueto was pressed against the backstop wall & fence being pushed into the stands. I sorta feel sorry for you.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I see your favorite thug standing up along with everyone else. Everyone else who didn’t turn into a psycho. And, um, “under” what pile? And gee, how’d he find room to extend those courageous cleats of his to reach LaRue’s head ten or twelve times? Get any photos that would explain that?

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 2:41 PM

No problem. Here’s Rolen trying to hold back LaRue but he wouldn’t stop

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I’m still trying to understand why that Old Gator guy even cares about the Reds or the Cards if his team sucks.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Let me help you with that. I know how difficult it must be to think through possibilities given all the damage to your baseball IQ. First of all, I care about the game, and I roots for the Feesh (often against my own best instincts). Also, I am repulsed by the kind of subhuman behavior displayed by that walking sack of garbage Cueto. This transcends issues of who I do or don’t root for. If I lived in Cincinnati I would still have been nauseated by Cueto’s behavior.

If this is still too difficult for you to comprehend, let me see if I can get one of my grandchildren to explain it to you in terms that won’t go over your head again.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Are you a Marlins fan? If so,I understand.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 3:13 PM

OG still hasn’t identified his team. All he told me was that if I knew him I should know. But I don’t know him, besides my inital thoughts of him being an idiot. So, who’s his team?

• cur68 - May 27, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Ok, I’ve had enough of this. How can anyone say they’ve read this site for years, and NOT know who Gator’s team is? He’s had WHOLE ARTICLES dedicated to him and about him ON THIS SITE.

Junglerat, you aint read SHIT here. Not only is it obvious that you are lying about reading this site “for years”, but you’re probably lying about your education AND your coaching. Get lost.

• sabatimus - May 28, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Totally agree, cur. I think we should just treat jungleasshat as a troll and leave it at that.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM

What would you say to Chris Carpenters kids? Everything was fine till he started up & Scott Rolen planted his sorry ass.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I wouldn’t say anything to Chris Carpenter’s kids. I wouldn’t see the point of dragging kids into it at all. Children are horrible, and they have nothing to do with Cueto’s effortless reversion to his brain stem for behavioral guidance or to Garza’s or Dusty Baker’s big mouths.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 3:40 PM

OG. It’s obvious you are clueless as to what happened in 2010. Just go away. “,” Carpenter said “I come home and try to explain to my son why is Scott Rolen attacking me? Why is everybody pushing you into the net?””

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 4:27 PM

So who is your team OG?

• spudchukar - May 28, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Let’s see junglerat, you coached two high school teams to championships, and you call the opposition “little bitches”, and you now you are suddenly worrying about kids. Am I missing something here or are you a walking contradiction.

OG would chew you up and spit you out.

And like most Reds fans, ardently ignorant. And as to the Reds “taking over the Central division”, I would suggest the jury is still out on that, and the Reds need to learn to how to play in the post season, before any bragging rights are exercised.

There is a term for the Reds and their fans, Nouveau Riche.

5. yahmule - May 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM

The Johnnie B. in Johnnie B. “Dusty” Baker stands for Johnnie Badass.

6. thomas844 - May 27, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I don’t think Dusty wishes anyone to fight, he’s just calling Matt Garza out for talking tough when in reality he’s not going to do anything. I just think he’s angry that he has to play for the Cubs.

7. randygnyc - May 27, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Cueto should have been beaten to a pulp by a crazed, bat wielding Dejesus.

• drone501 - May 27, 2013 at 1:14 PM

like juan marachal back in 65. remember that well.

8. billybawl - May 27, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Dusty missed a golden opportunity to take the high road and leave Garza looking like an idiot while deflecting attention from Cueto. But thanks to this, it now it just looks like three idiots. Dusty could work a corner at a WWE match with this rhetoric.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Dusty gets nosebleeds on the high road.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Hey Old. I get it. I’ve been a Bengal fan since 1968. I’ve had my ups and down as well. Mostly downs. Till now.

SUCK IT!!!!

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Ah yes, those great fights that say so much about the hard work, skill and dexterity needed to play baseball. If I had nostalgia like yours, I’d need a padded basement in my memory palace to lock my recollections. Fortunately, I don’t think of brutishness as “memorable.” I also don’t generally descend to the use of junior high school playground salutations like “suck it” when the more constructive aspects of my vocabulary fail me.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I’m just hoping you lose your virginity before you die.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 3:14 PM

And I, returning your good wishes, hope your emotional and intellectual age catch up with your professed chronological age before you begin plummeting through the Bardo. May Buddha cause his light of illumination to shine upon you en route.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Huh? You are a Star Wars fan aren’t you?

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Nope, wrong again. But I am a big Hidden Fortress fan. Lucas should never have tried to improve on Kurosawa, not even with a copy of The Hero with a Thousand Faces sitting on his desk before him.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Same thing. A dork is a dork no matter what costume he’s wearing.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 4:34 PM

You are scraping the bottom of the rhetorical barrel, man-child. Why not just leave the schoolboy japes and exhausted rejoinders there, fill the barrel with milk and wait for it to turn into yoghurt?

9. yahmule - May 27, 2013 at 12:23 PM

You have to love the utter lack of self awareness. Dusty is basically famous for three things:
    3) Letting Barry Bonds do whatever he pleased.
    2) Destroying the careers of promising young pitchers.
    1) Talking a gang of shit at the slightest provocation.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 2:05 PM

What pitchers did he destroy?

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Dusty took over the Cubs in 2003. In 2000 Kerry Wood threw 137 innings at the age of 23. In 01, he threw 174. In 02 he threw 213 innings. Then came Dusty in 03 & Wood threw 211 & was dominant. Yeah, that’s Dustys fault. You guys are fucking idiots.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 4:15 PM

OG? Hello?

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Do you hear an echo in here?

• danh35 - May 27, 2013 at 3:03 PM

You forgot:
      -saying that white players aren’t suited to play in afternoon games
      -saying he doesn’t like players taking walks because it clogs the bases

10. vincentbojackson - May 27, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I agree with Dusty. Way too many media room tough guys in sports these days. Say what you want about hockey, but they settle things man to man and then it’s over and everyone moves on.

• indaburg - May 27, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Please read the whole thing.

Tell me if you still think the same way after you’re done. It’s not always over with once things are settled man to man. There are costs. This is all ridiculous.

• tycobbfromfangraphs - May 27, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Are you serious?
        Only someone who doesn’t follow hockey, never played a day in his life posts some claptrap about Boogaard abusing drugs and alcohol and then tries to blame fighting in hockey.

This must be the most pathetic & ignorant comment I have ever read on this site. EVER

Please never post again about hockey, you’re a sad, silly and pathetic person who ignores nearly a century of fighting in hockey.

Ohhhh Derek Boogaard, what’s next? John Kordic? Both caused their own problems by their off the ice choices.

Again do the world a favor and shut up, and everyone who thumbed up this joke of a comment is just as stupid.

• indaburg - May 27, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Listen, you pathetic classless little troll of a man. I forbid you from responding from anything I post in the future. I do not have a problem with you having a difference in opinion with me (I am well versed in CTE and its causes) but if you cannot present it in an adult matter without resulting to insults, you can go to hell as far as I concerned. Please take your own advice and shut the fuck up.

Good day, sir.

• tycobbfromfangraphs - May 27, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Oh right it’s you, the chick who has no clue what she is ever talking about. Again left wing chick who’s never played a meaningful team sport in her entire life and therefore is ill-equipped to offer worthwhile input.
        Spare the world your New York Times piece of garbage article that attempts to blame everything else in the world for a drug addict and drunk who killed himself. You know nothing about hockey, nothing at all. Funny how hockey has 100’s of fighters over the decades who DIDN”T do what Boogard did huh? As usual some clueless, left wing intellectual comes strolling in and attempts to yammer about an entire sport and thinks they have some brilliant point to make because of something that happened to one person and ignores the entire history that shows 99.99% of everyone else not being damaged for a hockey fight.

In all honesty, the way you treat facts in no different than your common Truther or any other idiot conspiracy theorist.

You have ZERO idea what happens in hockey without fighting, and I’m not going to explain it to the likes of you.
        Go watch the WNBA

• indaburg - May 27, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Protius, is that you? I didn’t recognize you under your asshole disguise.

• Utley's Hair - May 27, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Come on, indaburg…clearly, the guy has had one too many concussions—possibly due to fighting?—to be an armed opponent in a battle of wits. Shame on you for taking advantage of him.

• historiophiliac - May 27, 2013 at 7:15 PM

To review:

tycobb = troll
        tycobb hates vaginas
        Don’t bother with tycobb.

• indaburg - May 27, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Yep, misogynist troll. Not worth my time.

• historiophiliac - May 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM

This post is lousy with them. Cain’t handle their beer, I figure.

• indaburg - May 27, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Yeah. Gotta love anonymous internet tough guys.

• Utley's Hair - May 27, 2013 at 7:25 PM

A good number of us on here do happen to like vaginas, but that’s something else…

• indaburg - May 27, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Yes, utleyshair, we know you love vaginas (and the rest of the body parts that come with them). Tycobb appears threatened by them, but that’s between him and his psychoanalyst. Not my problem.

• historiophiliac - May 27, 2013 at 7:39 PM

That was not at all aimed at you, Utley’s Hair — strictly at tycobb.

11. giantssb42champs - May 27, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Ok Dusty way to take the high road.

12. cardslifer - May 27, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Dusty is a chump. Walt needs to bring in a manager that makes the team better.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 2:06 PM

You obviously are an accountant.

• cardslifer - May 27, 2013 at 7:39 PM

And you obviously work at mcDonalds with these ignorant comments and your annoying attempts to piss people off by continuing to drag people into your stupid ass comments.

Nice to see Chapman throwing at Swishers head. Wonder who’s fault that is.

I can’t wait to hear this explanation. If it takes a while for you to respond ill assume a highschool team came though and you have to drop a few extra batches of friend into the deep fryer.

13. hoopmatch - May 27, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I believe Dusty’s point was, if a player has a problem with a player on another team he should take it up with that player. Don’t spout off to a group of reporters like a guy taunting the zoo gorilla from the outside of his cage.

• paperlions - May 27, 2013 at 1:41 PM

So….to clarify, throwing a pitch at a guys head = fine; saying that throwing at a guys head is immature = not fine

• jm91rs - May 27, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I’d agree with you if I believed cueto threw at his head. I’m of the belief that an elite major league pitcher could hit someone in the head if that was their intention. That said I wish dusty would shut up and let garza whine like a baby, responding to him makes him look a tiny less childish.

• larryboodry - May 27, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Garza is right…And considering what Cueto did to LaRue, your ‘gorilla in a cage’ analogy is very apt…Cueto should have been banned from the game.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Cueto should have gone to jail.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 2:55 PM

“Cueto should have gone to jail.”

This is when I know I’m dealing with a moron.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 3:07 PM

No, you know that when you look into a mirror – although, of course, that would be a backwards moron. So let me pose this complex moral conundrum to you: Cueto does exactly the same thing to someone in a bar, a movie theater, at a bus stop. Where does he wind up? Hint: your answer is two posts up.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 3:45 PM

No. Dealing with a moron better explains it.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Running out of repartee, are we? I guess you’ve now been here long enough to degrade your baseball IQ completely, and now you’re apparently sustaining damage to the language centers of your cortex as well.

14. missingdiz - May 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Well, back in “the day,” which I remember well, there wasn’t so much money involved. It’s pretty crazy for multi-millionaires to bust up fragile hands on hard heads. But, since it’s Cueto, I hope somebody takes a bat to him.

15. djpostl - May 27, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Unless Garza was being held down so that piece of excrement could kick him in the head with his spikes my money is on Matt. He’d beat that bitch Cueto senseless.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 2:32 PM

To be fair though, he’d have to take a handicap to make it even up – like, oh, lying at Cueto’s feet with his hands tied behind him. Then we’ve got a match.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Obviously you don’t know how Dominicans fight. Garza should just shut it now.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Cueto isn’t living in a ghetto anymore. If he wants to be paid like a rich professional, maybe he ought to try behaving like one instead of like a marginal hill village gang enforcer.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Don’t be a hater because you still work at Mikes Car Wash.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Tsk, tsk, you may not know who Pwotywuss was – he was another character who used to hang out here and resort to limping, worn-out, transparently juvenile and increasingly vituperative attempts at insults before he disappeared – it was rumored that Beetlejuice goophered him into his Barbie house and left him unable to communicate with the outside world except through the thumbs. His ecodigital niche has remained vacant since then, and though in all fairness you do have a little way to regress, you might be just the one to fill it eventually.

16. lew24 - May 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Carlos Quentin approves this message!

17. randygnyc - May 27, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Jungle rat- you’re woefully outclassed intellectually in comparison to Old Gator. In fact, his dying brain cells are stronger than all your collective brain cells. Perhaps you’d fare better in a round of fisticuffs? But then you’d have to take on all of us.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Hey, hey, don’t drag me into this – I’m a full-blooded Hakawe.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Too funny.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Old Gator is just that. Old. Plus, he’s a fucking idiot.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 4:02 PM

You’re showing all kinds of signs of obsessive-compulsive agitation, jungles. Multiple little posts. Schoolboy insults. Frothing at the keyboard. And there are white fuzzy soft spots in your cynicism.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 4:17 PM

At least I know you are a fraud. I’m cool with that.

18. drez146 - May 27, 2013 at 3:35 PM

With one kick to the head Cueto ended Jason Larue’s career, think about it…a kick to the head in a baseball fight ill take my chances on fighting Cueto if I were Garza

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 3:52 PM

LaRue played for the Reds for years before that. His career was over well before he signed for a paycheck.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 4:39 PM

You see, drez, it’s not Cueto’s fault that LaRue has all kinds of aftereffects from concussions and probably blood clots on his brain. It’s LaRue’s own fault for kicking himself over and over like that. Let JungleHomeBoy teach you everything you need to know about moral bankruptcy.

19. kicksave1980 - May 27, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Nevermind the Cincinnati fans. Their two biggest “rivals”, the Steelers and Cardinals have absolutely owned the pathetic Cincinnati sports teams throughout history, so it’s easy to see why they have such a chip on their shoulders. The Reds win a division title after two decades of mediocrity and their fans crawl out of the woodwork. Division titles are old news in St. Louis.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 3:55 PM

What do the Steelers have to do with baseball? Or are you trying to cover up the Pirates 20+ losing seasons? Yes, the Cards had our number from 09-11. Not anymore though. That’s my guess as to why you are acting this way. You know it’s over. Both for the Cards & the Steelers. WHO DEY BITCH!!!!

• kicksave1980 - May 27, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I’m not from Pittsburgh, I’m from St. Louis, which I thought was pretty apparent by my wording. You should check out Busch Stadium sometime…those funny looking flags above the scoreboard are World Series banners. The point of that post was to show just how insignificant Cincinnati sports teams are compared to their (one-sided) rivals. The hostility and defensiveness that Reds fans show is second to none. I guess being relevant twice every 20 years will do that to you.

“Not anymore though”. Might want to wait until you are in first place to start talking that kind of noise.

20. watchfullhose - May 27, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Old Gator – time to turn off your computer and go upstairs…your mom has dinner on the table.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 4:03 PM

You never ate my mother’s cooking. She could burn water. Good reason to stay here and irritate you.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 4:20 PM

“You never ate my mother’s cooking.” True, I didn’t, but that wasn’t the only thing she offered me for lunch.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM

That’s pretty funny. You have now, in one deft rhetorical segue, revealed yourself to be yet another rung down on the lowlife clad. Keep it up; pretty soon your prehensile tail will pop out of your BVDs.and your Payless loafers will begin cramping your opposable big toes.

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Make sure she chops it into biteable pieces.

• stlouis1baseball - May 28, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Your Mom post totally disproves your claims to be a “Florida graduate.”
        It also lends serious doubt on your “state championship” claims.

With that in mind…
        Let’s get off Mom’s cause’ I just got off yours.

21. junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I get the feeling you idiots think OG is some kind of internet legend. LOL!!! try goatpen.net if you really wanta go at it. OG makes me laugh

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 4:06 PM

“The only real laughter comes from despair.”

Groucho Marx

• junglerat524 - May 27, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I hate to say it OG but I’ve delt with internet message board bullies since Gore invented the internet. You are an easy target.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Yeah, but this isn’t the Yahoo sports blog or the comment section of the American Spectator, you know? I doubt if anyone else but you thinks you dealt with it with any measure of originality or cleverness – except, maybe, for some of those guys down on the corner with the unfiltered Lucky Strikes and the Budweiser longnecks. Even beyond your mystified defense of witless pugilism, you really have no idea what trailer trash you sound like, do you?

• historiophiliac - May 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Hmmm, the rat seems to have confused “bull” and “bully” in his little trolling tantrum. I think he has well passed moonshine-induced crazy hair at this point and is nearing alcohol poisoning levels. In any case, since he claims to be a veteran troll, it’s very nice of you, OG, to spend your Memorial Day feeding him in honor of.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Aw, so nice of you to say so, Historio.

Ackcherley, I’m multi-tasking today – watching this mutual meltdown of a Feesh-Razed game while reading Jim Shepherd’s novella Master of Miniatures. It’s a minimalist narrative about Eiji Tsubaraya, the special effects director of Toho Studios during the time he, Tomoyuki Tanaka and Ishiro Honda were making the original Godzilla movie in 1953-54. I’ve been occasionally checking in with the blog and lazily goosing this fool as the inspiration comes to me. Earlier this afternoon I watched the entire Japanese-language, subtitled version of Gojira, with all the anti-nuclear, anti-western political dialogue that was chopped out for the American version, just to prep for reading the novella. I was amazed, once again, at what a beautifully composed and visually rich film the original was. I’ve been promising myself I would write an article on the Buddhist and Shinto symbolism in the film for the annual Popular Culture Association conference in Albuquerque someday.

Thanks to all the stimulation from these good-natured, spirited pas de deux on this blog today, this might push me over the edge and get me off my ass to write it. Gamera, you paying attention out there?

• Gamera the Brave - May 27, 2013 at 10:54 PM

ShitShitShit – Gator, I hate being the last Kaiju to the party, looks like you have had your verbal way with junglenumbnuts524, with a very gracious assist from randygnyc (dude!), ‘burg’ and historio…

I just wish I knew from whence this vapid cretin extruded, so we could collectively squeeze him back into the oblivion from whence he came.

Oh, and you totally induced me to look up the original Gojira (with subtitles). It’s actually been a while since I indulged in a good Kaiju flick…

Hope you had the best Memorial Day ever!
        Gamera

22. watchfullhose - May 27, 2013 at 4:10 PM

You’re just a little bitch, troll. Every damn article on NBC sports talk has some stupid, self-important, pretentious comment by you. Get a freaking life.

• Old Gator - May 27, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Little…bitch? Are you trying to start a…brawl??? Hey Johnny – can I borrow your cleats for a second?

23. coachbeck - May 27, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Garza talks in the media because he knows what will happen if he says it to Cueto’s face. Ask the Cardinals about that. Cubs are weak sauce. But we all knew that already

24. coachbeck - May 27, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Lmao cardinals fans still mad at Cueto whipping up on LaRue lol.

Get over it cry babies. BP was right about you all

• cardslifer - May 27, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Hmm. I can’t hear you. I’ve got a couple World Series rings blocking my ability to hear.

And if your trashy cohort’s idea of relevance is winning a division title your more pathetic than I thought you were.

I would say act like you’ve been there but……..

#redsfansalwaysshowtheirtruecolors

25. randygnyc - May 27, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Tycobb should be placed in a corner with a dunce cap atop his empty head. I also suppose a HBT timeout is in order.

Who's outside looking in on playoffs?
  1. R. Castillo (2495)