May 27, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Poor Dr. Andrews. No one ever wants to visit him. And everyone who does is sad. Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Cardinals starter Jake Westbrook will be going to see the good doctor later today.
Westbrook has had lingering discomfort in his right elbow. Hummel notes that he’s fine just playing catch but that throwing from the mound is problematic. For his part, Westbrook says it’s “weird” but that he thinks he’s “structurally sound.” Guess we’ll know after his visit.
All of this stinks too given that Westbrook had a 1.62 ERA in 39 innings before going down. Was really looking sharp. Here’s hoping for good news.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)