May 27, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Poor Dr. Andrews. No one ever wants to visit him. And everyone who does is sad. Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Cardinals starter Jake Westbrook will be going to see the good doctor later today.
Westbrook has had lingering discomfort in his right elbow. Hummel notes that he’s fine just playing catch but that throwing from the mound is problematic. For his part, Westbrook says it’s “weird” but that he thinks he’s “structurally sound.” Guess we’ll know after his visit.
All of this stinks too given that Westbrook had a 1.62 ERA in 39 innings before going down. Was really looking sharp. Here’s hoping for good news.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (81)