May 27, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Poor Dr. Andrews. No one ever wants to visit him. And everyone who does is sad. Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Cardinals starter Jake Westbrook will be going to see the good doctor later today.
Westbrook has had lingering discomfort in his right elbow. Hummel notes that he’s fine just playing catch but that throwing from the mound is problematic. For his part, Westbrook says it’s “weird” but that he thinks he’s “structurally sound.” Guess we’ll know after his visit.
All of this stinks too given that Westbrook had a 1.62 ERA in 39 innings before going down. Was really looking sharp. Here’s hoping for good news.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)