May 27, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Poor Dr. Andrews. No one ever wants to visit him. And everyone who does is sad. Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Cardinals starter Jake Westbrook will be going to see the good doctor later today.
Westbrook has had lingering discomfort in his right elbow. Hummel notes that he’s fine just playing catch but that throwing from the mound is problematic. For his part, Westbrook says it’s “weird” but that he thinks he’s “structurally sound.” Guess we’ll know after his visit.
All of this stinks too given that Westbrook had a 1.62 ERA in 39 innings before going down. Was really looking sharp. Here’s hoping for good news.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)