May 27, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Poor Dr. Andrews. No one ever wants to visit him. And everyone who does is sad. Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Cardinals starter Jake Westbrook will be going to see the good doctor later today.
Westbrook has had lingering discomfort in his right elbow. Hummel notes that he’s fine just playing catch but that throwing from the mound is problematic. For his part, Westbrook says it’s “weird” but that he thinks he’s “structurally sound.” Guess we’ll know after his visit.
All of this stinks too given that Westbrook had a 1.62 ERA in 39 innings before going down. Was really looking sharp. Here’s hoping for good news.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 26
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 5
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)