May 27, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Weaver bypassed a minor-league rehab assignment, but did throw 5.2 innings of one-run ball in an extended spring training game last week while racking up nine strikeouts versus zero walks.
There’s no official word yet on who the Angels will be bumping from the starting rotation to make room for Weaver’s return, but Joe Blanton is the obvious candidate after beginning the season with a 1-7 record, 6.19 ERA, and .360 opponents’ batting average through 10 outings.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)