May 27, 2013, 2:35 PM EDT
Ryan Braun is out of the Brewers’ lineup for today’s game against the Twins and may end up missing multiple games because of a thumb injury.
Braun told Adam McCalvy of MLB.com that he initially hurt his right thumb two weeks ago and has “basically been swinging with one hand for two weeks.” And it’s actually worked, because Braun has hit .326 with an .892 OPS during that time.
Braun expressed frustration about the injury getting worse rather than improving, which suggests it could be a lingering issue for a while. Or as the former MVP put it: “It’s just at the point where I need to take the time to get it close to being healthy so I can contribute and do the things I’m used to doing.”
UPDATE: Braun pinch-hit in the ninth inning this afternoon and lined out to end the game.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 2
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 38
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)