May 27, 2013, 2:35 PM EST
Ryan Braun is out of the Brewers’ lineup for today’s game against the Twins and may end up missing multiple games because of a thumb injury.
Braun told Adam McCalvy of MLB.com that he initially hurt his right thumb two weeks ago and has “basically been swinging with one hand for two weeks.” And it’s actually worked, because Braun has hit .326 with an .892 OPS during that time.
Braun expressed frustration about the injury getting worse rather than improving, which suggests it could be a lingering issue for a while. Or as the former MVP put it: “It’s just at the point where I need to take the time to get it close to being healthy so I can contribute and do the things I’m used to doing.”
UPDATE: Braun pinch-hit in the ninth inning this afternoon and lined out to end the game.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 0
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 12
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 31
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)