May 27, 2013, 2:35 PM EDT
Ryan Braun is out of the Brewers’ lineup for today’s game against the Twins and may end up missing multiple games because of a thumb injury.
Braun told Adam McCalvy of MLB.com that he initially hurt his right thumb two weeks ago and has “basically been swinging with one hand for two weeks.” And it’s actually worked, because Braun has hit .326 with an .892 OPS during that time.
Braun expressed frustration about the injury getting worse rather than improving, which suggests it could be a lingering issue for a while. Or as the former MVP put it: “It’s just at the point where I need to take the time to get it close to being healthy so I can contribute and do the things I’m used to doing.”
UPDATE: Braun pinch-hit in the ninth inning this afternoon and lined out to end the game.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 38
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 42
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)