May 27, 2013, 9:47 AM EDT
Chris Perez left yesterday’s Indians-Red Sox game in the ninth after feeling shoulder discomfort. Now he’s gonna miss some time. The Indians just announced that he’s hitting the 15-day DL.
Perez is 2-1 with a 4.32 ERA in 17 relief appearances spanning 16.2 inning. He’s walked 10 and struck out 18. He’ll have an MRI today. The Tribe has called up Nick Hagadone from Columbus to take his place. Joe Smith will likely continue as closer in Perez’s absence.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 40
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 30
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 191
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (191)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)