May 27, 2013, 9:47 AM EDT
Chris Perez left yesterday’s Indians-Red Sox game in the ninth after feeling shoulder discomfort. Now he’s gonna miss some time. The Indians just announced that he’s hitting the 15-day DL.
Perez is 2-1 with a 4.32 ERA in 17 relief appearances spanning 16.2 inning. He’s walked 10 and struck out 18. He’ll have an MRI today. The Tribe has called up Nick Hagadone from Columbus to take his place. Joe Smith will likely continue as closer in Perez’s absence.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 18
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 53
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 133
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 132
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (134)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (133)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)