May 27, 2013, 9:47 AM EDT
Chris Perez left yesterday’s Indians-Red Sox game in the ninth after feeling shoulder discomfort. Now he’s gonna miss some time. The Indians just announced that he’s hitting the 15-day DL.
Perez is 2-1 with a 4.32 ERA in 17 relief appearances spanning 16.2 inning. He’s walked 10 and struck out 18. He’ll have an MRI today. The Tribe has called up Nick Hagadone from Columbus to take his place. Joe Smith will likely continue as closer in Perez’s absence.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)