May 27, 2013, 9:47 AM EST
Chris Perez left yesterday’s Indians-Red Sox game in the ninth after feeling shoulder discomfort. Now he’s gonna miss some time. The Indians just announced that he’s hitting the 15-day DL.
Perez is 2-1 with a 4.32 ERA in 17 relief appearances spanning 16.2 inning. He’s walked 10 and struck out 18. He’ll have an MRI today. The Tribe has called up Nick Hagadone from Columbus to take his place. Joe Smith will likely continue as closer in Perez’s absence.
- Keith Law Ranks the Farm Systems: Yay for Chicago! Boo for Detroit! 14
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 153
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (154)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)