May 27, 2013, 9:47 AM EDT
Chris Perez left yesterday’s Indians-Red Sox game in the ninth after feeling shoulder discomfort. Now he’s gonna miss some time. The Indians just announced that he’s hitting the 15-day DL.
Perez is 2-1 with a 4.32 ERA in 17 relief appearances spanning 16.2 inning. He’s walked 10 and struck out 18. He’ll have an MRI today. The Tribe has called up Nick Hagadone from Columbus to take his place. Joe Smith will likely continue as closer in Perez’s absence.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 5
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)