May 27, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Pestano has been one of the best and most underrated setup men in baseball since debuting in 2010, posting a 2.72 ERA in 154 appearances while averaging 10.4 strikeouts per nine innings.
He’s struggled a bit this season, but if healthy Pestano is definitely capable of thriving in the closer role and with Perez nearing free agent while getting very expensive it’ll give the Indians a glimpse of what life could be like without him.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 54
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 61
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)