May 27, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Pestano has been one of the best and most underrated setup men in baseball since debuting in 2010, posting a 2.72 ERA in 154 appearances while averaging 10.4 strikeouts per nine innings.
He’s struggled a bit this season, but if healthy Pestano is definitely capable of thriving in the closer role and with Perez nearing free agent while getting very expensive it’ll give the Indians a glimpse of what life could be like without him.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 0
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 36
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 14
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)