May 27, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Pestano has been one of the best and most underrated setup men in baseball since debuting in 2010, posting a 2.72 ERA in 154 appearances while averaging 10.4 strikeouts per nine innings.
He’s struggled a bit this season, but if healthy Pestano is definitely capable of thriving in the closer role and with Perez nearing free agent while getting very expensive it’ll give the Indians a glimpse of what life could be like without him.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 70
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)