May 27, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Pestano has been one of the best and most underrated setup men in baseball since debuting in 2010, posting a 2.72 ERA in 154 appearances while averaging 10.4 strikeouts per nine innings.
He’s struggled a bit this season, but if healthy Pestano is definitely capable of thriving in the closer role and with Perez nearing free agent while getting very expensive it’ll give the Indians a glimpse of what life could be like without him.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (223)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)