May 27, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Pestano has been one of the best and most underrated setup men in baseball since debuting in 2010, posting a 2.72 ERA in 154 appearances while averaging 10.4 strikeouts per nine innings.
He’s struggled a bit this season, but if healthy Pestano is definitely capable of thriving in the closer role and with Perez nearing free agent while getting very expensive it’ll give the Indians a glimpse of what life could be like without him.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (98)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)