May 28, 2013, 5:29 PM EST
Bryce Harper is out of the Nationals’ lineup tonight for the second straight game with a knee injury and Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that he’s not expected to play again before Friday at the earliest.
That suggests the knee must be really bothering Harper, because there had been some talk of him serving as the Nationals’ designated hitter during a brief series in Baltimore. Apparently he doesn’t feel good enough to hit, let alone play right field.
Harper initially hurt his knee slamming into the outfield wall at Dodger Stadium two weeks ago and then aggravated it on the bases. He’s been diagnosed with bursitis.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)