May 28, 2013, 5:29 PM EDT
Bryce Harper is out of the Nationals’ lineup tonight for the second straight game with a knee injury and Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that he’s not expected to play again before Friday at the earliest.
That suggests the knee must be really bothering Harper, because there had been some talk of him serving as the Nationals’ designated hitter during a brief series in Baltimore. Apparently he doesn’t feel good enough to hit, let alone play right field.
Harper initially hurt his knee slamming into the outfield wall at Dodger Stadium two weeks ago and then aggravated it on the bases. He’s been diagnosed with bursitis.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 160
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (161)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)