May 28, 2013, 5:29 PM EDT
Bryce Harper is out of the Nationals’ lineup tonight for the second straight game with a knee injury and Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that he’s not expected to play again before Friday at the earliest.
That suggests the knee must be really bothering Harper, because there had been some talk of him serving as the Nationals’ designated hitter during a brief series in Baltimore. Apparently he doesn’t feel good enough to hit, let alone play right field.
Harper initially hurt his knee slamming into the outfield wall at Dodger Stadium two weeks ago and then aggravated it on the bases. He’s been diagnosed with bursitis.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)